Collections of personal photographs are not only a much cheaper option to buying art but they also make a house or apartment feel homely. When I see certain photos in my home they make me smile every time I pass them. They also engage visitors and start funny conversations or encourage reminiscing.
TIPS for hanging pictures:
1. Always make paper cut-outs of the photographs you want to hang (I always use newspaper). Stick these on the wall temporarily (with blu-tack or non-tacky tape) to help you map out the shape you want to create.
2. Always use two hooks when hanging large photographs as otherwise you will end up constantly straightening a wonky picture.
3. When hanging a group of framed photographs using an odd number will look best.
4. Usually you should follow the rule that photographs should be hung at eye level. Always consider whether the viewer will be sitting or standing.
5. Consider the proportions of your room when deciding what size photographs to hang and which frames to use. If it is a large room with large pieces of furniture you will want to upscale the size of the frames.
Look at these pictures of different collections of photographs to inspire your own collection.
Get framing and hanging.
Love Love Love this, i am going to do this along my staircase!
Send me a picture once you’ve done it!
Love it, Lynsey!
See the picture on Facebook
lovely use of photos-great arrangements.