When I was styling my Easter table I realised that I feel a bit left out at Easter because I no longer eat sugar, so no chocolate for me. I decided to try to make something this year that is sugar free but still enables me to join in with the chocolate fun and I’d like to share the recipe that I’ve created just in case you’d like to try it yourself – it really is very delicious.
(To make four nests)
6 medjool dates
8 level tps of coconut oil
6 tsps of almond or mixed nut butter
4 heaped tsps of cocoa powder
2 1/2 crumbled shredded wheat
1. Finely chop the dates.
2. Put the dates, coconut oil, nut butter, cocoa powder into a saucepan and heat over a low heat.
3. Stir and heat the ingredients until they combine to a loose paste.
4. Take off the heat and add the crumbled shredded wheat and stir until they are covered by the chocolate mixture.
5. Shape the mixture into nests on grease proof paper.
6. Pop the nests into the freezer for about 30 mins until they set hard.
You can fill your nests with blown eggs, chicks or anything else you fancy.
Have a wonderful long weekend everyone!